WHEN CAN I ENTER?
Participants can submit their entry every two months, in the first two weeks of:
WHO CAN ENTER?
All photographers around the world. No age restricted.
HOW MANY IMAGES CAN I ENTER?
As many as you like.
Images must contain pregnant women in focus of the photograph. Other people on the photograph are allowed.
Images captured during labour, giving birth and the first hours after the birth of a baby.
Babies (with or without familymembers) between 0-3 months of age, in focus of a styled image.
Babies (with or without familymembers) between 0-3 months of age, in focus of a documentary or/and unstyled setting.
Babies (with or without familymembers) between 3-12 months of age, in focus of the image.
For all images containing children, between 1 and 12 years old. Offcourse the photograph may contain other people too, as long as the photograph is about the children.
No age limits. 2 or more familymembers is the minimum.
PHOTO RESIZING AND RENAMING
- File Name: First name and last name, all one word, followed by a number sequence. (For example RenatevanLith01, RenatevanLith02, RenatevanLith03 etc. Make sure file name sequence numbers do not match even in separate categories.)
- Horizontal Image: Width must be 2000px
- Vertical Image: Height must be 2000px
- Square Image: Height and width must be 2000px
- Image Size: Maximum file size of each photo must be 2MB (2000KB)
- Image File Type: JPG / JPEG
- Toning: Color or Black & White only
- Date: Photos submitted can be from any year
- No watermarks, text or borders of any kind
Only single frame pictures will be accepted. The following are not accepted:
- Polyptychs (diptychs, triptychs, and so forth).
- Stitched panoramas, either produced in-camera or with image editing.software.
If your submitted images do not meet all of the photo requirements they may be automatically disqualified.
We accept payments made with:
You should receive a confirmation email after successfully paying for your entries. If your payment fails your submission will automatically be cancelled.
PRESETS/ DIGITAL BACKDROPS
We prefer traditional techniques applied such as contrast, curves, color balance, dodging and burning. It is allowed to crop, use lenscorrection, and other frequently used corrections. Photos may be black & white or color. The use of presets or digital backdrops should be ok as long as they are not to notable.
The submitted entries will be judged by the jurypanel. They at least pay attention to:
- Technical skills
- Use of color
Participants do not receive feedback on their submissions. The best entries will be rewarded with an award. In this competition there are also honorable mentions for photos that were favored by different jury members. This allows them to distinguish themselves and get an edge on their competition. Although no individual feedback is given, you can always learn a lot by looking at the winning photos. View the method of editing, composition, technique, color, compare different photos and look critically at your own work. What can you improve?
All awarded photographs and honorable mentions are published in our winner’s gallery. They also receive a digital award badge to use on their photo or for promotional purposes of the result achieved. Photographers and their work are promoted across our online platforms. And all honorable mentions and winners receive 3 free entrance tickets for the next round.